PPL Electric Utilities, formerly known as PP&L or Pennsylvania Power and Light, is the electric utility for about 1.4 million customers in 29 counties in Pennsylvania.
PPL Electric Utilities Service Area
Moving to the PPL Electric Service Area?Check out our guides to moving in or moving out of the PPL Electric Utilities service territory, or give us a call at 347-410-8789 to get service activated in your name
About PPL Electric Utilities
PPL Electric Utilities is a subsidiary of PPL Corporation, which was founded in 1920 from a merger of eight small utilities in Pennsylvania. Initially the company's activities were based in central and northeastern Pennsylvania, but with deregulation of electricity markets in the 1990s, the company began to expand to other states, such as Montana.
The following companies are sister companies to PPL Electric Utilities:
- LG&E and KU Energy: the Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company are regulated utilities that serve 1.2 million customers in Kentucky and Virginia
- Western Power Distribution: the electricity distribution network operator for the Midlands, South West and Wales in the United Kingdom
- PPLSolutions: PPL Solutions provides customer-care and back-office services to competitive retail energy suppliers nationwide
In Pennsylvania, PPL Electric Utilities distributes electricity, and sells the Price to Compare rate to customers who choose not to purchase their electricity from an alternate supplier. The utility also offers numerous rebates and energy saving programs through its e-Power program.
PPL Electric Utilities by Numbers
1.4 million customers
48,000 miles of power lines
21 JD Power & Associates awards for customer service
$3 billion in investments to improve the electric delivery system
Contact PPL Electric Utilities
You can reach PPL Electric Utilities by:
- Telephone, for emergencies: 1-800-342-5775 (24h/7d)
- Telephone, for customer service: 1-800-342-5775 (Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- By mail at the following postal address: PPL Electric Utilities, 827 Hausman Road, Allentown, PA 18104-9392
Understanding Your PPL Electric Utilities Bill
Check out our detailed breakdown of how to understand your PPL Electric Utilities bill.
Pay Your PPL Electric Utilities Bill
PPL Electric Utilities accepts the following types of payment methods:
- Direct bank transfer
- Credit or debit card (through a secure third-party vendor)
- Cash (at designated third-party agents throughout Pennsylvania)
Find out more about how to pay your PPL Electric Utilities bill
How to Save on Your PPL Power Bill
As well as cutting your energy consumption, you can also take a look at the PPL Price to Compare, and see that it can't be beat by an alternate energy supplier. Alternate suppliers can offer competitive rates and good deals, as well as a wider variety of types of power (such as green electricity). Call us at 347-410-8789 to find the best rates available in your area.
PPL Electric Utilities is a power distribution company in USA. The registered office is located in :
827 Hausman Road
18104 Allentown, PA
Activate your account with PPL Electric Utilities
You are moving and wish to activate your account with PPL Electric Utilities? It’s simple. Call PPL Electric Utilities by dialing and give :
- Your exact address (apt. no., street no., street name, city/town, zipcode).
- Your name.
- Date of required activation.
Speak with a customer service agent
Do you have a question related to a commercial issue? Call the PPL Electric Utilities customer service by dialing . They can help you with questions such as you bill, rates, or the terms of your contract.
Pay your bill
When you activate your line and create an account in your name, PPL Electric Utilities may ask you to pay your bills by several options:
- By automatic account transfer.
- Check sent by mail.
- Credit or debit card by telephone.
- Cash or card at an authorized payment office.